MiFlash Unlock en v3.3.525.23
Xiaomi is among few smartphone manufacturers that really promote third-party development by offering a different set of tools. Xiaomi provides Xiaomi MiFlash Unlock Tool to unlock the bootloader of all the Xiaomi smartphones. It is the primary tool that users have to use before rooting or installing any custom ROM on Xiaomi phones. The interested users can download the Xiaomi MiFlash Unlock Tool from the table below.
Initially, Xiaomi offered unlocked and pre-rooted devices, but with time and some odd-practices from retailers, the company restricted the root access. Now, it has become essential for the Xiaomi users to first unlock the bootloader using Xiaomi MiFlash Unlock Tool and then proceed for any customization. It is the safest and the only official way to unlock the bootloader and keep assured about any problem.
In our guide today, we will help our fellow readers to know about how they can unlock the Xiaomi devices using the MiFlash Unlock Tool. The MiFlash Unlock Tool is the latest version, available for all the Xiaomi devices including Redmi Note 8 and All New devices. Before downloading, you must know about the advantages of unlocking the bootloader.
Why Bootloader is locked?
Xiaomi smartphones were primarily known for its unlocked bootloader, but after some fake devices, the Chinese company started to lock the bootloader. It helps the company and users to keep away from malpractices done by some retailers. They usually install malware or some illegal code that devalues the user experience.
The unlocked devices are quite difficult to trace, locking the bootloader even enhances the overall security of the smartphone. It even helps the user to track the smartphone if lost somewhere.
Benefits of Unlocking the Bootloader
- It is a window to root your smartphone.
- Brings the ability to install Custom Recovery and Custom ROMs.
- The user can flash files without losing data.
- Ability to remove bloatware and other pre-loaded applications.
- Complete backups of your Android Phone or Tablet.
- Ability to install custom frameworks like Substratum, Xposed and others.
Download Xiaomi Mi Unlock Tool
Xiaomi MiFlash Unlock Tool can be downloaded from the link below.
Steps to unlocking Bootloader
Follow the steps below to unlock your Xiaomi device normally.
- You must have a fully running Xiaomi Mi device with Mi account signed in.
- Also, ensure your PC has the necessary USB drivers.
- Your device should be running the latest official MIUI ROM before proceeding.
- Enable Developer Option by heading to the Settings>About Phone>MIUI.
- Enable USB Debugging and bind your Mi account under Mi Unlock Status by heading to Settings>Additonal Settings>Developer Options.
- Now login to your Mi account by heading to the Settings > Mi account > Mi Cloud > Enable Sync and Find Device. (If other devices are in sync with the same account, we suggest to disable Sync on them temporarily.)
- Download and Extract the Mi Flash Unlock tool on the PC.
- Upon extracting, open the MiFlashUnlock.exe file from the folder and click Agree on the disclaimer page.
- Enter the login details of the same Mi account you logged-in on the Mi 9.
- Now boot the device into the Fastboot / Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding the volume keys + Power key for about 10 seconds.
- After booting into fastboot mode, now connect it to your PC via the USB cable.
- The Mi Flash Tool will show the Mi device as successfully connected.
- Once connected, then click on the Unlock Button.
- Sometimes Xiaomi will make you wait for 48-72 hours to unlock a phone when it is at 90%. Otherwise, it will complete to 100%, and you will get ‘Unlocked Successfully’ notification.
- After acquiring the unlock permissions, Turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume – button at the same time to enter bootloader mode.
- Log into the unlocking tool on PC with the same Mi account. Connect the device to the PC using a USB cable
- Press ‘Unlock’ and follow the timer/ waiting period shown in Mi Unlock Tool to unlock successfully.
So, you can now easily download and install Mi Unlock Tool. If you get any issue then do let us know via the comments below.