MIFLASH COLLECTION (All Versions)
If you want to install MIUI Fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi/Redmi device, you will need a specialized tool to carry out the process. You can download Mi Flash Tool for Windows 10, 8, and 7 from here. We have provided links to all the available versions.
Xiaomi, unlike other major smartphone manufacturers, provides download links for the stock firmware for all its devices. So, if you ever wish to restore the factory firmware or update it manually, then you are at ease. You can simply grab the latest MIUI ROM package and install it on your phone. Now, there are two types of firmware files that Xiaomi enlists – (1) Recovery ROM and (2) Fastboot ROM.
Installing a Fastboot ROM flashes all the device partitions with new ones, thus bringing back your device to the factory state. But in order to do that, you will need a dedicated tool provided by the manufacturer itself. In this post, you can easily download Mi Flash Tool and install it on your PC. Apart from downloading, we have also provided detailed steps on how to install Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi/Redmi device using this tool.
What is Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool?
Mi Flash tool (Also known as XiaoMiFlash) is a Windows software that allows you to flash fastboot ROM/Image on any Xiaomi and Redmi device. The software works over a fastboot connection with the Android device in order to erase/modify/flash the firmware. It could be used to restore stock MIUI firmware, manually update your Xiaomi/Redmi devices to the latest software, and even fix issues like bootloops.
The tool is specially built for Qualcomm-powered Xiaomi and Redmi devices to flash fastboot ROM/image. Before you head over and download Mi Flash tool, have a look at the set of important notes below.
- Make sure to uninstall any previous version before installing the latest.
- It only supports Windows 7 or above systems with 32-bit and 64-bit architecture. Windows XP or below are not supported.
- Only Qualcomm devices are supported. MiFlash Tool doesn’t support MTK (MediaTek) devices.
- Devices prior to Xiaomi Mi 3 are not supported.
- In order to use this tool to flash Fastboot ROM, you must first unlock bootloader on your Xiaomi device.
Features Offered by the Tool
- Easy-to-use installer: The tool is available in a Windows installer format (.msi). Which means it is hassle-free to install it on your Windows PC by just following the on-screen instructions.
- Comes with inbuilt USB drivers: The tool comes packaged with all the necessary Xiaomi USB drivers that a user would be required for a successful connection between the PC and the device.
- Supports Multiple devices: Almost all Xiaomi/Redmi devices with the Qualcomm chipset are supported by MiFlash tool.
- Various Flashing Options: By default, the utility offers three different flashing modes – (1) Clean all; (2) Save user data; and (3) Clean all and lock.
- Clean All : All user data will be wiped. The device will stay unlocked.
- Save User Data : All user data will be saved. The lock state will vary with the device model after flashing.
- Clean All and Lock : All user data will be cleaned and the bootloader will be locked.
- Connect Multiple Devices: The tool allows you to connect and flash multiple devices at once.
Download Mi Flash Tool for Windows
We have provided download links for all the versions of Mi Flash tool available till date. The latest version available for download
Once you have successfully downloaded Mi Flash tool for your Windows PC, proceed to the steps below on how to install and use it to flash fastboot ROM on any Xiaomi/Redmi device.